View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #505
kristen

Re: Please post your two cents on Herceptin "side effects" real or perceived!

I was dx in 10-03, almost 7 yrs ago. I was on the trial and got the THC combo. I had herceptin every week for 18 I think? and then every three til 52. I was 41 at dx and my eyesight had started to decline by then and I gained weight while on treatment, but lost it all. I have been having insomnia ever since, what I have noticed and I don't know if it's the med's for sleep deprivation, but I still and it is getting worse is the chemo brain, or foggy brain. I cannot remember anything. I see that some people have regained there memory and some haven't. Has anyone noticed it getting worse? My hearing got bad and stayed bad, that was from the carbo, my eyes, getting worse, some will say it's menopause, others will say it's stress related, my teeth are in need of a lot of work, I am to young to feel this old. I am glad I got on the trial, I am ever so grateful, but I would like to know if this is normal aging or if it has something to do with the drugs I was on. When I looked them up for side effects the effects should have stopped when I stopped the treatment, and no, no one from Genetech ever contacted me about side effects. thanks Lani for the post!
MRM: 11/07/03
TX: TCH-BRICG Study-6 tx's; 12/15/03
Herceptin; til 12/14/04
Rads: 30 days
BRCA neg
S-Gap: 12/15/04
Oct 05: LAVH
NED
kristen is offline   Reply With Quote