View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
KsGal

Scared of prognosis-stage IV liver mets

Hi everyone..I am new here, and this is my first post.
My journey started in October of this year being diagnosed with IDC. Ever since then it seems like bad news every time the phone rings. First it was ERPR negative, then HER2 positive, grade 3 so very aggressive.
I had a double mastectomy, which apparently was a good decision because many tiny satellite lesions were found in the same breast that would not have been caught in a lumpectomy. I had 3 positive nodes out of 10. Geared myself up for the chemotherapy, taxotere, carboplatin and herceptin, which I was really afraid of. On the first day of chemotherapy it was put off due to a lesion on my CT scan on my liver. Went for a PET scan and it "lit up". Had a liver biopsy a few days ago, no results yet but can't imagine it is anything else considering it lit up on the PET scan. My doctor said he was "shocked". So, pretty much an immediate stage 4 with liver mets...everything I read on the internet as far as medical studies has some really grim statistics...9-11 months or similar numbers. Is this the death sentence that it feels like? Im 43 years old, I still have children at home. I was looking forward to...well, the rest of my life. Encouragement, anyone?
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote