View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 09:57 AM   #9
TSund

Please Help!! AC vs TCH

5/1 diagnosed locally advanced bc, ER+, PR+, HER2+, onco is recommending 4x AC dose dense 8 weeks + HT for 12 weeks.

I am so concerned about heart toxicity between the A and H, and have seen the reports from San Antonio. I am truly questioning whether TCH might be just as effective without running that risk. I also think Herceptin might be an immediate need, esp. as ER+ can be resistant to chemo?

ALso read that Herceptin at 3 week schedule is probably as effective as every week. Opinions? Advice?

Also, would like to know side effects of AC + TH vs TCH. (outside of heart risk)

Is TCH sometimes done dose dense also?

I am also questioning if ovary removal b4 chemo would be a good pre-emptive move. (100% er+ and 95%pr+)

PLEASE help. WE've only a couple weeks to figure this out. (doing preliminary scans and such right now) I am knocking heads with the onco on this so far, but will bring my printouts to her. She says we "need to bring in the big guns" but what I"ve read of the newer research so far doesn't necessarily say that AC is better. (I know it used to be looked at that way till very recently)

Thank-you,

Terri

Profcollege@hotmail.com
TSund is offline   Reply With Quote