View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 06:47 PM   #7
Esther

This is from the Genentech site:

The every three-week regimen did not appear to cause a clinically significant increase in adverse events as compared to those seen with the once weekly dosing regimen. Adverse events seen to date include neutropenia, alopecia, fatigue, arthralgia, myalgia and parasthesia that are common side effects of paclitaxel therapy. One patient experienced grade III heart failure.

"Clinical studies have demonstrated that Herceptin given once weekly in combination with chemotherapy provides a significant survival benefit for women with HER2 positive metastatic disease," said Dr. Fyfe. "While this study is preliminary, it suggests that administering a 'triple dose' of Herceptin one third as often, i.e. every three weeks, may prove to be a more convenient schedule for women with HER2 positive metastatic breast cancer."

You can see it for yourself here:

http://www.gene.com/gene/news/press-...1&categoryid=4

If I can get more documentation from either of my oncologists I'll post that as well. My primary onc from Loma Linda Univ. is on the board of directors for Herceptin with Genentech, so I'll ask him at my next appt this Friday.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote