Thread: IBD recurrances
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 08:24 AM   #1
tsiet

Cool IBD recurrances

I am hoping someone out there can help me with my questions. I am 42 years old and I was diagnosed with IBC in my right breast over 4 1-2 years ago. I went through 4 months of chemo then I had surgery to remove the breast which was then followed by more chemo and finally with 4 months of radiation. I was told I was in remission and to continue with routine check ups. I continued my check ups until 4 months ago when I was told the cancer had mestasised into bone cancer in my rib cage. At that time the doctor switched me from arimidex to tamoxifin and he started me on monthly treatments of Zoemta. I was told I am stage 4 but an early stage 4. My question is that the docotr keeps insisting that the tomoxifin and zometa are all I need to get well. For someone who has been through chemo and radiation I am concerned that the doctor is not doing enough. I am a single mom with a 15 your old daughter and I don't want to take an chances. I have had one doctor tell me to get out of state where I live because the doctors are not the best and to move to Illinois where the treatment might be better. I am wondering if anyone has used zometa or if maybe I should see another doctor for another opinion. I am just struggling with the fact that a pill is all I need. According to the doctor, zometa is not chemo it is just a treatment for rebuilding the bone. I am having lots of doubts and need to know what others think. thank you in advance for any help you can give.
tsiet is offline   Reply With Quote