View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 05:08 PM   #32
Laurel

Re: Need input, KADCYLA or TAS116?

Flori,

I recall my Onc telling me that the first infusion of any given chemo is usually the worst in terms of reactions. I had mucositis, not just orally, but of my entire mucous membrane which made breathing a bit difficult. Apparently I should have called her about this, but since I figured it was expected I did not. The steroids must have kept me open enough as i am clearly still here. She commented that my next infusion should not produce the reaction and admonished me to CALL her if it did. It did not. Mucositis can cause stomach pain, so hoping this is the cause and you will be free of the issue with your next infusion.

The whole chemo excursion must be a major head-game and I think your associated depression is very understandable. Sloughing through treatment again with no promised end in sight is discouraging. However, I am confident that you will get your legs under you and figure out how to manage the newest challenge. How exactly you will do that I really do not know. I guess it boils down to my belief that you are strong and determined to fight to kick cancer's ass if for no other reason than it pisses you off that it deigns to mess with you. You have guts, Flori. Seriously, you have guts. I stand in awe of you. Fight on, my friend and may this journey get easier as you go forward!

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote