View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #48
BonnieR

Re: Pain? yes Appt? yes Relief? ????

Oh Denise, what a bad experience. And potentially harmful. To you, not them! Although it sounds like they were heading for a thrashing from you!
Sadly I expect most of us have had similar experiences where we are treated as though we are not even there. I remember once being left on a stretcher in an empty corridor for ages. I felt so helpless and powerless. No one around to hear me call out. Once a pre-op room with blaring talk radio and staff laughing and talking while patients anxiously awaited surgery
The list goes on. A litany of small indignities that add to our feeling of vulnerability We become invisible to staff. They forget we can hear every word. Even dying we can hear every word. It's the last sense to go
This isn't life threading but once during a dental cleaning the hygienist said to me "I'm tired of you jumping so much" I told her I was tired of her causing me to jump so much!!!! How dare she blame the patient for the discomfort she caused!
Looks like you hit a nerve on me Denise( pun not intended!). Sorry for the rant but I feel very strongly about this. I think we all do now that we are in Cancerland and exposed to so many medical "professionals" with our life in their hands
Keep the faith

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote