View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 04:33 AM   #384
miss di

Dear Debski and all,

I totally agree with your onc. It took me almost three years after first go round with the beast to feel better. (chemo and rads after quadrantectomy) People do not understand, they think you are all done with treatment, you should be done! Well it just doesn't work that way. I say, you can not put that much poison in anyone's body and expect them to be the same. I also have scarring on my lung from the radiation. I always believed my breathing "restriciton" was from the rads, but they kept telling me no. On my first scans this time, different hospital, it was the first things on my report, "scarring on left lung related to radiation."
As far as Herceptin, as I stated previously, I took a short break because of side effects, swithched from every 3 weeks to weekly. I did feel much better with the skipped dose, so I don't think it takes long after you stop (in my case) to feel better. I've had 2 weekly infusions now, and side effects creeping back up, but not as bad right now. OWWW, those stupid foot cramps!
My best to all,
Di