View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #16
dberg

creams

I am ER+/PR+ and posted a similar question several months ago. I was on tamoxifen and the gyn onc I visited was gung ho for me to give premarin cream a try. I was very, very happy because it helped tremendously, but I didn't want to stay on it once I switched to Arimidex. This gyn onc about hit the roof when he heard I had switched to an AI. He doesn't recommend it for women on AIs because there is nothing to block the estrogen that might be systemic, which actually makes sense. But there seem to be other docs out there that don't believe much is absorbed systemically.

I am absolutely desperate. I'm going to seek a second opinion on this because I'm 49 and my QOL is severely compromised by this cycle of pain with sex and then the UTIs that follow.

My blessed and patient husband is uncomfortable with me using any form of estrogen, but for some reason I'm not. I'm so sick of all of this and want my normal, American, roll-over-and-make-love life back. Do I need to be talked down off this cliff and have some sense knocked in me or is any other ER+/PR+ woman as desperate as me?
dberg is offline   Reply With Quote