View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 11:30 AM   #10
Jean

first trt -

Just had my first trt of herceptin and chemo on Thurs. Was told to drink lots of water and flush my body. Drank huge amounts of water. Have been taking my temp and checking my weight on a scale. The next day my weight was up by 9 pds. My legs were a bit swollen - breathing was fine. Today my weight is back to normal. My question is the following: in the early trt phase such as I am at - when does the dr. check the heart? When you expierence swollen legs etc? This Thurs. I will have my second herceptin trt. I am hoping that I will not go through that water retention again as it wore me out the last 48 hrs. I kept drinking to flush - but I felt as if my body could not keep up. I am feeling fine and my legs seem normal - I do feel a little puffy in my face but nothing of great significance. I guess my question is when you first begin with the herceptin trt what is the usual procedure for the onc? At the cancer center they told me if I had shortness of breath with swollen legs to call the dr. Since my breathing was normal I was not concerned.
Any advise?
Thanks,
Jean
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote