View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 03:44 PM   #9
lucky4x

Families, Mets, Recurrances.....

Carol,
I sent you an email but I wanted to post here too.

I am also a mom of 3, battling this for 6 yrs. I am 48 now.
My kids knew everything the first time, as I had chemo and rads and lost my hair, but I , like you, keep very optomistic, and "up" ( for them).

My second dx, I told them, but kept it light.

My third time, I didnt tell them because there was nothing I could do as they found it in the breast I had just removed.

This 4th time, in Aug, it was lung mets... I didn't tell them. Why? I had a daughter who was just starting Univeristy, and a son struggling in grade 10 and a younger daughter who would just cry... so I didnt tell them.
It was a good decision for that time, but I have recently told them ( but kept it very light) as the Herceptin is controlling the spots, and they have disapeared. I only told them, because it was too hard to lie to them about the 3 week treatments. I don't lie to my kids, and they don't lie to me (much). LOL.

My husband is coping in a strange way. He ignores it. It is actually ok... the kids never get down, or depressed because he acts so normal. It is sometimes hard on ME...but good for them.

Keep well. Now, I am off to find this general board... I have no idea how to get there.
Lucky
lucky4x is offline   Reply With Quote