View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 04:50 AM   #2
*_IRENE FROM TAMPA_*

My dear Lisa -

I know exactly how you feel and I have been riding this roller coaster from hell for the last 9 1/2 years now and still go into those modes once in awhile. I have also just had another recurrence and started on chemo again - my hair is gone, again - I am on the search for the perfect little hat,scarf,wig, whatever. I'll get over that ------

If I get one too many cramps in my legs, I start searching the net for diseases to be sure this has not turned into something else. For a while there I thought I might have muscular dystropy since the muscle's in my legs were cramping so much and felt weak. I got over that -----

I have probably tried every supplement my nutritionist has to offer because I am always reading up on something which might just help. Aside from this darn cancer, I am a pretty healthy women of 59 years. So at present I am supplementing with a very good multi-vitamin and Omega 3. Got over that one too ------

When my mind starts going into overdrive - I start redoing things in my home, thinking "I have to get this done before I run out of time" -- Well I have gotten quite a few things "done" in the last few years and still planning on doing many more things. I don't know if I will get over this one since I love doing new things to the house/yard. Good therapy for my mind.

One thing about this cancer, It sure puts us in touch with alot of emotions we probably did not even know we had. But if you dig down deep enough you will find that one that we all have, and that is the one to SURVIVE and be STRONG.

It's a heck of a ride Lisa, but know that you are not alone on the ups and downs. Anytime you want to "just talk" - I am a great listener.

Take care

Irene