View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #8
Sandra in GA

Re: Am at a loss for words

I did find a website, headcovers.com, that was most helpful to me. They carry caps (also wigs and scarves) designed to cover the head more completely than the usual. I also liked a sleep cap to hold in my body heat at night.

Everyone is different. The wigs irritated my scalp and make me too hot. I found the caps much more comfortable and wearable. I keep my eyelashes and eyebrows until I began the Taxol and the lost those. For some reason, this caused me more saddness than losing the hair. I leaned to draw them on and used the cap to kind of hide behind.

Remember this is temporary for most people. When my hair came back, I finially had the curly hair I had always wanted. Now, after about a year, the durls have gone and my straight hair has returned.
Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote