View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 12:00 PM   #32
Jean

lizm,
No one is ganging up on you...I have always posted on my experience and what I have been exposed to via Dr. Slamon whom I trust 100%..I do believe in him and his view points regarding HER2 ...for me he has proved to be cutting edge. That is fact (for me and others)
I was in no way attacking your dr or their status.
Please do NOT believe for a second my thread was about "you"...

We have to be very open when we post so that members especially new members who are very frightened and new to their dx. do not hide under the covers because that feels safe. They need to be encouraged to explore options, information and that is why this forum is so special...everyone contributes.

Next, to address your personal feeling of being attacked or ganged up by me numerious times....I will go back and check my posts. I do not even remember ever in the past or recent year of addressing you? But I certainly will go back and check my post and if I have done that to you on a personal level I will be more than
eager to address that.

Your statement that there is a "group" of ladies that have fled the forum due to me is certainly unfounded.

While the nature of the forum is to share experience, be supportive, and certainly to encourage each other to fight this disease and to beat it. I certainly have been active for that.

Yes, I will admit I do take a strong stand for the encouragement of not frightening any member new or old (but especially new) in regards to treatment. I will never post the negative issues of not having chemo/or treatment...I will mention there are side effects that are nasty and unpleasant, but that comes with our disease.

Believe me my postion is one of true conern and love for my fellow sisters, if you took this as a PERSONAL attack, I am sorry that I have offended your sensitivity. It was not about you...my interest was in sharing new posts from the BCS...for the newly dx. The thread did wander into different discussions...nothing wrong with that.
I certainly wanted to stay on course that...
HER2 is not to be based on tumor size...this I have learned the hard way from my own experience and yes, I had great top dr. here in NY...who went by the size of the tumor.

We have all learned as we entered this forum that we must...seek 2nd 3rd or even more opinions and to never ever give up.

When I first came to the site I called Christine and she encouraged me after many opinions to get herceptin. I am forever in debt to her for validating my concerns.

I well remeber those early days and the fear.
So I have tried and attempted to pay it back by always being strongly positive on the site and to encourage any and all to move forward and get every answer until you feel you have reached a comfortable point.

This thread was not directed at hurting you in any way and as you can see by reading the different posts that responded, many who were dx. and had some concerns were happy to contribute...this all passes down to the brand new memebers who join and they realize they too will and can survive this disease.

If there is a group of anyone out there from this forum that I have hurt in any way I am deeply sorry. I am in contact with dozens on the site so I am rather surprised that you state there is a group who I have ganged up on or have been harsh to.

Also I would like to mention that often times the people that remain active on the site are often times at a further stage and it is noted that many leave the site after treatment and just move on with their lives putting cancer behind them. They do not abandon the site but feel it is time to close this chapter.
Myself and others who are early stage have stayed on because of my own deep feelings of loyality to the site (it was always wonderful to me) so therefore, I wish to extend to others new and old that there is certainly light at the end of this tunnel.

Thank you Becky as always for your sound and wise
response. I know you realize what my aim was here.

Kind Regards,
jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006

Last edited by Jean; 02-19-2009 at 12:31 PM..
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote