View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
Ellie F

Re: Just started Tykerb/Xeloda and worried this combo won't work either :-(

Hi Lori
I was diagnosed with IBC in January 2008. At the time there was some disagreement as to whether I actually had LABC.I had 4 xAC then mastectomy followed by 3 weeks of radiation. I commenced on herceptin (I am her 2 positive but ER negative) for a year. In Feb 2009 I had a recurrence to a contra-lateral lymph node. The rest of my scans were normal.I had the affected nodes surgically removed and then fter changing onc's I had 6 rounds of taxotere and herceptin and now am just back on herceptin. I have been told that if it comes back again I will either get T-DM1 or xeloda and lapatinib.I also refused radiation to my contra lateral axilla but will revisit this again in March.
Do you have a solid tumour? Mine was 4.5cms but others with IBC don't have a solid mass.
I feel optimistic that you will get a good response to your current combo. There was a small piece of research done here in England a couple of years ago which especially showed a good response to this combo in IBC.Unfortunately we are not able to have tykerb here as the government thinks it's to expensive however we can get it in trials (or if paid for privately)
Please let us know how it goes
Best wishes
Ellie
Ellie F is offline   Reply With Quote