View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #5
Hopeful

Re: Alcohol link to breast cancer recurrence

Vic,

SO is shorthand for "significant other." I am almost 56 years old, and feel weird calling him my "boyfriend." We met through wine; he is in the retail wine and liquor business, and we enjoy doing this together. He is very lucky, in that his hobby is his work, and he enjoys it very much.

I do know of Paul Hobbs, and have tasted the wines a few times, but they are not on my regular list. I do love CA pinot noir and syrah, particularly Sonoma Coast. My area of expertise is in whites, with an emphasis on Germany, Alsace and Loire. I have visited Napa/Sonoma many times and always enjoy it. I have been to Germany 10 times, but not to France - when we looked into it, France was much more expensive to travel in. He has been there on business trips without me, and loved it. He has also been to Portugal and Italy for wine business. We are thinking about a vacation to northern Italy, to explore the wines there.

I think that Becky made some excellent points about the study in her response to you on the main board (she "gets" stats and surveys and is a good resource for their interpretation.) I am glad that you are feeling more relaxed for getting her input, and will continue to enjoy your occasional glass of wine.

Regards,

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote