View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 08:35 AM   #3
Hopeful

Re: Alcohol link to breast cancer recurrence

Vic,

For what it's worth, wine tasting and collecting are my hobby and my passion. Almost every vacation I take is centered around visiting a wine growing region and meeting with the wine growers, touring vineyards, etc. Through my SO, I also get to a lot of trade events. Mind you, at these mega events and on trips, you have to spit the wine out, not drink it down. I do have a sizeable cellar and have wine with dinner 2 to 3 times per week. All of my docs (internist, onc, rads onc, surgeon) are aware of it, and none have ever told me to do anything differently - they are all interested in the details of the places I have been and things I have seen.

I think this info, like a lot of other things we read about diet and supplements, is still a ways out from being a solid predictor for any one individual. I know it is an area of interest, so I make it a point to post any studies I see related to the topic. Don't beat yourself up over it. If you think these results are important enough to change your lifestyle, all you can change is what you do going forward.

Best of luck to you,

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote