View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #3
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Thumbs up Love To Tipsy

I too am emotionally invested... Marie!

Is Tip aware of the hullabaloo about the Dalai Lama being presented with the U.S. Congressional Gold Medal at the White House? China's really mad. As you know, TT cherishes her picture of him w/her. Pinkie forwarded it on this site for me to copy and paste in her journal, having forgotten it. Wish I could post her pink pen and have you copy it and include in her *luggage*. So sorry about that...

Some religions teach that Life is all about getting in to Heaven. Some that Life is about preparing for Eternal Life. Some that Life is about following Laws to the letter, striving to be godlike.

The Dalai says Life is about finding happiness. That is what we were meant to learn to attain, using our human abilities to be: Compassionate, caring and giving of ourselves and our special talents. Aspiring to genuinely seek to understand the words and actions of others. From living with an open heart, grateful for our many blessings and awed by Life's beauty -- we are on the path to Happiness.

Chronic fretting affects your well-being and your health. So we must learn to live in The Now and not get caught up in the What Ifs. Tippy and I discussed this at great length when she was here. I miss her.
PEACE... Andi

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote