View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 06:33 AM   #5
Sandra in GA

Re: Herceptin/MUGA Scan

Robind,
I hope this gives you some comfort. I understand your stress and confusion over a change of plans, however I will share my recent experience with you. I have just completed the treatment phase of a phase II study down at Mayo in Jacksonville. It was to look at the cardiac safety and tolerability of Herceptin and lapatinib (Tykerb). I had my last Herceptin Nov. 10th and took the last Tykerb NOv. 17th. During the study I had an echocardigram every three months. I saw my onc. Dec. 10th after I finished and he did not order another echo on my completing the Herceptin. I can tell you also that even though I didi not reaalize I was extremely fatigued, I am feeling better and better each passing day. I know my heart is stronger even if I had no problems during my treatments with my scores. I hope you will soon begin feeling stronger and stronger also. This feeling of strength will let you know you are doing well.

I also feel sure that since this study looked at the cardiac safety, if an end of treatment measurment was needed, aother echo would have been done.

Take care and have a Merry Christmas!

Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote