View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 08:47 AM   #4
pattyz

Dear Gayle,

At the time of my mastectomy, I was a 'C' cup. I did not have recon, nor anything done to 'good' breast. I thought I would be ok with some prosthesis. Spent several years trying out different kinds with varied results. None were totally, or even largely, satisfactory.

I eventually went braless, wearing loose tops. Bra for 'occasions' only. Yet it was a few more years to get ok with even that.

Now that I've lost so much weight and coupled with age, my remaining breast is so flat and small it is 'barely' there at all! Yet....... Now I do wear a bra with a trimmed up foam prosthesis when I go 'visiting' or want to look nice in something other than a loose old shirt.

ok, that's my story, nearly 7 years out.

If I were in your place, knowing now how things would be, I think I would opt for a good breast reduction in remaining breast. I know it is impossible to see in advance how you will feel about this, but 'try on' different scenarios. as if you haven't already, 'eh?? I can say that being lopsided, even at a 'C' has not been any kind of fun or ok for me. But, I am so vain at heart.

I was staged IIIb with Inflammatory and two Invasive ductal tumors with 6+ nodes of 26.

Very best wishes for you and peace with your own decision,
hugs
pattyz
pattyz is offline   Reply With Quote