View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 12:46 PM   #19
AlaskaAngel

HER2 hereditary? But.... what about HER1, HER3, HER4?

I too am interested in this. Too bad HER testing is so recent and not entirely reliable early on. If it is hereditary there will still be those whose bc behaves differently if they are not only HER2 but with other HERs -- which complicates simple comparisons. I wish they would start testing routinely for more than HER2. I talked with my surgeon last week and he said that at present they are still basically only testing at time of diagnosis for HER2 and ER and PR.

How many relatives with bc? mother, sister, aunt, grandmother, first cousin.

Ages, living or dead, and how many died of bc? Unknown other than that my sister and I were diagnosed in our 50's. Only 1 person of those I have listed died of bc, and that was from mets to the brain. My sister and I and my first cousin are still alive more than 4 years from diagnosis and none of us have had recurrence to date. Incidentally another aunt died of ovarian cancer but to my knowledge did not have bc.

Treatment and testing? I had lumpectomy, SNB, CAF, rads, and hormonal treatment. My sister had lumpectomy and rads and it is unknown if she did hormonal treatment or if she was HER2 positive. My mother had lumpectomy but no rads or other treatment. My grandmother had a unilateral mastectomy and the rest is unknown for her except that she basically died of CHF years later. I do not know what my first cousin has had for treatment or if she is HER2 positive. My testing was IHC+++, T1M0N0 (T1c).

A.A.
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote