View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 07:02 AM   #6
Shell

Hi Martha-

I am sorry to hear you are out of the trial - I am in it currently, but without the lapatinib - which arm did you get? I think we've corresponded before, but don't recall all of your chemos. I had progression with herceptin (I had herceptin first w/ navelbine for 3 months, and then reoccurrence to lymph nodes. I then had axillary dissection, followed by taxotere and herceptin, but in March of 2005, I felt another reoccurrence to the same area, but scans also showed spread to chest and lungs. Thus the clinical trial.) I don't seem to respond to herceptin - are you in that subset also?

Kim is right - navelbine could be a big help. I've also heard good things about gemzar...

I have your same fears, but honesstly the kindness and caring of others has made things so much easier for me. Our two girls are 8 and 10, and I take so much solace in being able to deal with their issues instead of my own. I need to take Al's advice, and get back on the stick about a better diet, too....it's on my list!

Please keep us posted...

Kind regards,
Shell
Shell is offline   Reply With Quote