View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #19
Bill

Briony, your Mom is lucky to have you. She must be an awesome mother, because it's obvious she's raised an awesome daughter. I was going to comment on technical issues, but it looks like you've done your research, and as always, Lani is here. Susan had a good point, regarding someone to go with your mom to appointments, but I know that's tough with your situation with raising young children. I think that if possible, your mom needs to consult with another doctor or two. It sounds like her needs are not being met by her doc., especially if she's coming home a nervous wreck. I mean, come on, the treatment WORKED, right? That's a good thing. It's her decision to make, after consulting with other doctors, but it seems squirrelly to me to want to remove the whole breast at this point, but I'm no doctor. Can't they just monitor the area with CT scans and other tests? This is only one case, but my wife, Nicola, had a lumpectomy and then the rad. onc., after one rad. treatment looked at her margins again and said they were too close and recommended a mastectomy. The surgeon said he didn't agree. He said, let's just go in and do another "breast biopsy?" and check the margins again. These came back clear, and Nikki didn't have the mastectomy. She never did develop any cancer in her breasts. Could your Mom maybe have another checking of margins done again? I'm praying for strength for you and your Mom, and praying that God will bring your Mom and a compassionate doctor together. Briony, (my cousin has a daughter named Briony), I know things are tough for you right now, but please realize that right here, right now, you are where you were meant to be, and I know you're doing your very best. Please take a little time out for yourself when you can. You gotta stay stong for your Mom and your little ones. Thoughts and prayers for you. Love, Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote