View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 05:42 PM   #13
TriciaK

Re: My Idea for a Game Show

Great thread, MJo! So funny and yet a little sad too. Of course, in my case, I not only blame chemo brain, but after all, I just turned EIGHTY! When my husband and I had our psychological practice, it was common always to ask patients "name, date, time, and place" to see if they were grounded in reality. (We didn't know about chemo brain then!) So I guess as long as you know your name, what day/date it is and where you are, you are okay. I find that if you tell yourself calmly"I know it, and I can come up with the right answer in a minute" usually you really can come up with the right answer in about a minute. I tell my grandchildren that the brain is like a computer and mine is fine, just somewhat overloaded so it takes a little longer to search for the right answer. They seem to understand perfectly. I tell them I haven't found the "delete" button yet to get rid of all the spam and such but I'm working on it! Actually, I have found that many of my older friends are having a harder time remembering things than I am, and they haven't had chemo! So as long as you can take it in your stride and laugh you're just fine! I did mention "chemo brain" as an excuse for forgetting an appointment with my oncologist and his office girl said "When did you last have chemo?" When I told her she said "You can't have chemo brain for longer than a year". So if what she said is true, then I guess it could just be old age! Hugs, TriciaK
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote