View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 10:46 PM   #12
Marily

Lani,
is the erb2 a subset under her2? I thought erb2 was her2? So I am confused? and how do they test if it is another part of her2 gene? and they are developing meds to go against it.. or meds if herceptin fails you go on this one? (like my building antibodies to herceptin? making a human (not mouse) agent to build in our bodies an antibody to kill the tumor or stop the over expression????
I talked to my Onc. about RANKL but she had not heard about it? I tried to tell her what i thought it ment and she said I was reading too much into this. ?
I believe my friend was just put on mapatumumab she has advanced non-Hodgkin's lymphoma ....the fact that she has not responded to anything and this is working for follicular lymphoma.She does not have follicular lymphoma but her dr called all over US and to European countries and got the information and permission to use it for her with I believe gemcitabine and cisplatin. We are all praying that she will have a positive response to this and not be so ill receiving it. She is not a breast cancer pt but I hope you will all add her to your prayers.
There is so much out there now about breakthroughs since the human genome project was completed it is so exciting.
I would like to here more from you on this and what you understand about RANKL.
PS are you all going to watch on the 18th.. 9-8 central ...lifetime chan. "Keeping hope alive" Dr Slamon says it is not going to follow the book lol but I am certainly not going to miss it. Harry Connick Jr lost his mother to cancer when he was 13.
hugs M

Last edited by Marily; 10-12-2008 at 12:34 AM.. Reason: genome
Marily is offline   Reply With Quote