View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 01:56 AM   #3
Lani

its hard to concoct a risk/benefit analysis when more is unknown than known

My opinion is not worth anything as NOONE knows how this all really works. We are just beginning to get an inkling. I have seen videos of worms whose telomers hardly shorten with cell divisions and they look "young" and live longer. That is on an organism-sized basis rather than a cellular basis (it may not work uniformly within an organism if the enzyme is somewhat tissue specific) and worms and people may not work exactly the same (lets hope so!)

On a personal level, I am a cautious type and know some substances have totally different (and even opposite) effects depending on what concentration you use and in what environment you give them (eg. Faslodex when given in the presence of estrogen). Since noone knows, you are truly just rolling the dice--but the price of gambling is intolerably high.

Noone can decide for you/your mother. I just posted the information to get people thinking--each must decide what risks to take. This is the price of fighting a disease where more is unknown than known despite what seem to be our great leaps and bounds of late. Sorry I can not be of more help!
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote