View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 06:00 PM   #4
Nurse4u2day

Re: A/C was easier than Taxol / Herceptin / Perjeta - :-(

Eva I'm so sorry that your experience with the taxol treatments are so rough.
I Did the A/C which for me was horrible. Once I completed the a/c I moved on to weekly txs of taxol/ herceptin. Both my oncologist and myself decided to skip the perjeta . Had not my chemo worked perjeta was next. So I speak to you with out the knowledge of using perjeta . I had mild neuropathy with taxol/herceptin and had a few discolored toe nails. Plus all the above you have minus the facial rash and blisters from itching.
Elevate your legs as often as you can for the swelling. Ask for lomotil for the diarrhea . For the itching see if they will prescribe you something called Atarax , it's an oral pill ( worse side effect was it can make you a little drowsy so take at night only.
Hot baths or even showers are Great for achy bones and muscles. I even bought a small shower seat It was to hard to get out of bath but I would sit on the chair and let the shower run over me.Please don't be afraid to get meds from your oncologist to get you through these side effects.
As for the pending surgeries and possible radiation I too thought hmmm I don't know if I can do this. It's just one thing after another with out a damn break! It sucks and it's hard to even imagine while your I. It that you will get through it but you will.
You will deal with it when the time comes! That time is not now so try to put that to the side for now. Deal with and get through the hear and now first. And yea I was more scared of radiation then I was of surgery and chemo. Today I just completed round 15 of 28 . Compared to everything else I have gone through well for me this although not easy as pie it's not horrible either.
Tissue expanders suck! But after having them in now for over 3 months I'm getting use to them. As for the Diep that's next on my plate . And yes if you want a double mastectomy (bmx) then they will give you a double after counseling you on it. I had cancer in left breast but for multiple reason choose to have right breast removed as well ( no cancer found in right) .You will do this and get through it simply because the alternative sucks!
And complain complain complain because you know what this is some heavy crap and we are deep in it .
Tamara
12/13 port placed
12/13 neoadjuvant DD AC xs 4 rounds started
02/14 taxol/herceptin started every week xs 12 rounds
Herceptin for 1 year
Ki67=23%
BRCA1&2 negative
5/06/14 last round taxol/herceptin. Chemo done!!!
5/07/14 clear CT scan
6/11/14 Bilateral Mastectomy Done
6/15/14 8mm tumor post chemo. Removed by bmx
6/15/14 lymph nodes 0/9
6/15/14 officially Cancer Free
7/11/14 emergency surgery to left breast . Wound refused to heal and broke open. New TE placed
7/28/14 emergency medical procedure now to right breast( post op 6 weeks mastectomy ) wound opens.
8/25/14 - 10/07/14 Radiation
11/24/14 CT of Brain clear
01/23/15 One year Herceptin Complete
02/04/15 Diep done
5/01/15 1 year Ct scan- mass in thymus
6/23/15 repeat CT mass in thymus still present
6/30/15 biopsy thymus 7/03/15 mass Benign! Diagnoses Thymic hyperplasia rebound ( chemo at fault, no long term health effects)
7/08/15 phase 2 diep
11/23/15 phase 2b ( reconstructive surgery with lipo)
03/05/18 Vinnie Myer 3 D nipple tattoos complete.
11/19/2018 5 years since Dx of IBC stage 3c remain NED.
11/19/21- 8 years today I officially remain NED and in 12 days I will be having a lymphnode transfer to help decrease some mild lymphedema! Still working, living life and soon to see a day I thought never would happen and that’s becoming a grandparent June 22nd.
11/19/2023 - 10 years since diagnosis and I remain NED
Nurse4u2day is offline   Reply With Quote