View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #56
KsGal

Re: Brain Mets - new or old?

Well, I too agree it's a good decision to wait for your own surgeon to come back, who is more familiar with your situation and who you feel comfortable with. The waiting just sucks though, with all the thoughts that can run through your mind. I think these brain tumors are a whole other kind of scanxiety.
Im glad the steroids are controlling your symptoms, and also sorry you have to take them.
The results of my brain scan this morning showed I still have three tumors of the original five, and they are about half the size they were. Im six weeks out from whole brain radiation, so they want to wait another six weeks to see the "final result" before we move ahead. I still have quite a bit of swelling, and my doctor said that can go on for many weeks. So, Im thinking it is totally logical and probable that is what is going on with you too, irritation and swelling from the dying tissues.
I say a prayer for you every day...Big hugs to you. I wish you would have gotten some definitive results so your mind would be at ease, but am hopeful when your surgeon returns Tuesday he will have answers for you.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote