View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 09:23 AM   #8
Lolly

Hi Lorri; I don't know if recruitment is still open for this vaccine trial, but you could e-mail Patty Fintak, the Patient Coordinator, and find out. Her contact info is included on the trial outline page. If they are still open, it would be a good idea to ask your onc to start the process now they will start a file on you and if everything falls into place you'll be on the "list"(sort of an unofficial priority placement). The first thing of course is to determine HLA-A2 status, which is done by a blood test. Here's a bit of info I copied off a web site for organ transplants, the test is usually done to help establish compatability for donors:

Histocompatibility Testing: Clinical significance:
http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/path/LabSe...unology.html#3

"...HLA molecules are crucial in lymphocyte activation and immune recognition of class I and class II molecules can result in potent humoral and cellular responses that mediate allograft rejection. Matching for HLA is important in promoting the successful outcome of solid organ and allogeneic bone marrow transplants. The role of the histocompatibility laboratory is to assess the degree of HLA compatibility between the donor and the recipient and to determine, by serum screening and crossmatching, the presence of donor-specific antibodies in the recipient that might be harmful to the transplant..."

Also, to be elibible for the Phase I-II CTL Peptide vaccine study, you don't have to be NED in remission, you could also have Stable Disease, so definitely contact Patty and start the process if you feel you're having a good response to your treatment and will be eligible. Good luck!

<3,
Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote