View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 12:04 PM   #5
cherylynnie

Tricia,
I asked this same question in April, I had a reaction after my loading dose. The itching started on Thursday, two days after infusion. Rash is listed as side effect. You can check out the link to the manufacture via this web site. Since my onc. hadn't seen this reaction before I have to go weekly now. I don't know if he will change me back to every three weeks or not. So far I had my loading dose 526mg, then 3 weeks later they gave me 25 mg to see if I reacted, then the next week they gave me 138mg, then last week another 138mg. Then I go tomorrow for the third 138 mg. I only had the itchy rash the first time, it was all over my trunk, especially along my scars(I had a tram flap reconstruction) and on my breasts. Heat might bring it on maybe that is why the hot water effects it. According to the Herceptin website 18% of 352 women who received Herceptin alone broke out in a rash. I think those numbers are right, but check out the website. I printed out the table and showed the onc. I think that is why he is being careful now.
4 AC, 4 Taxotere finished 3/15/06
Currently on Herceptin and Tamoxifen
cherylynnie is offline   Reply With Quote