View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
dearjilly

Progression or Necrosis in the brain?

Hi my fine bunch!
I am having a rough day. I had an MRI today on my brain and I am confused on the results. Since I go to two hospitals, they cannot compare results until I go and bring the discs myself.

I had an MRI in Feb with the better facility (Hospital A) - results were no progression, but looked hazy. Could be necrosis/tissue death

I had an MRI today with (Hospital B, who doesn't deal with radiosurgery - results progression, as tumour looks bigger than the one MRI they did in November.

Just confused here, and quite upset. I don't know what to do. My appointment to see excellent Dr. in Hospital A is for Monday at 7:45am. I have Easter, a birthday party for my baby who is turning 2 on Saturday. I want to enjoy this weekend, but I'm afraid my worry will take over my thoughts. I'm feeling down. I do, however, have two doctors who think this is no reason to put up red flags at the moment. I feel like, if I just had an MR done in Feb. and it was fine, that it should still be fine.

Not sure what to do for the next 3 days. Oh and I'm back on 4mg dex. But my headaches have already gone. I was having headaches, here and there for a week or two, but I was sick and coughing like mad. I feel fine now. No headaches, no dizziness, nothing. I still have vision loss, of course, but other than that, I feel just fine. ????????

Has anyone had an MRI done and the tumour looked bigger and it was just necrosis?

Love confused me.

p.s.Thanks for listening.
April 2013 - GOT MARRIED!!!!
May 2013 - looks like no progression, but necrosis and bigger.
Oct-Dec 2013 - Avastin tx
Nov 2013 - MRI shows necrosis shrinkage!!!!
Jan 2014 - Lepto Mening. disease found
Feb 2014 - WBR
March - BLAHHHH
April 2014 - Liver mets found
April 2014 to present - Chemo again, whooohoo. Fun!
July 2014, scans look good.
Stay on Perjetand hercertin.
Nov. 2014 more lepto-mening disease more WBR.
Feb 2015 more lepto-mening disease in spine and neck. More radiation.
Start on TDM1 no more Perjeta stay on herceptin
March 2015 more radiation in my thoracic area, more lepto-meningial disease
April 2015 trying to walk again.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
dearjilly is offline   Reply With Quote