View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 05:18 PM   #4
Lucy

Re: boyfriend d/x with stage 4 cancer

Hi Valerie,

I'm sorry you feel that you're not getting the support you expected here but you do have it. You can count me as one of those who read the post and made no comment. For one thing, you seemed to be specifically reaching out to those with liver mets, which I'm glad to be able to say, I don't have. Also, I'm exhausted today so I find it difficult to put together a coherent sentence.

Having said that, I realize that I can speak somewhat to the fatigue, since I'm always so tired. Fatigue probably isn't unexpected at this point. For one, he has cancer. For another, he's carrying the burden of having just been told he has cancer. Either of those on its own could drain the energy out of anyone and he's dealing with both. It's probably easier said than done but at this point I wouldn't be overly concerned about the fatigue. If you're going with him to his appointments I would ask the oncologist about it and see what they say. They would know better if it's normal or not.

In any case, I'm glad you're there for him and he's lucky to have you. Again, don't think you don't have the support of those of us on the board because you do, we just don't always know what to say.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote