View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 06:56 AM   #12
joletta

Re: I am on the Vaccine in Washington would like to chat with anyone on same vaccine

Thank You Jackie and Steph for the helpful links.
Seattle washington is only offering stage 3b an 4 currently. Washington DC which is closer is offering a few diffrent kinds. You will be randomized 1 0f 3 diffrent ones they are offering. I believe it was a phase 1 trial. these pep tide vaccines seem to be dating back to atleast 10 years ago has any of them made it for a standorized treatment? After getting all the basic treatment does it really seem worth the risk to go through a trial....Is it possible these vaccines could actully bring on more her2 thus making it recur. I will not see my oncologist again untill oct 19..I plan on asking him these questions then. Mabe someone can respond that has been on this trial with good sucess and what vaccine did they get and are they getting close to approving it? does anyone know what the sucess rate is and how much % would it lower the recur rate..i guess that would also depend on what peptide they are on also or mabe since it is still in clinicals these # are not known yet?
seekin info
Thanks
Joletta
may 4 2010 port import
may 6 2010 clean ct scan & bone scan
may 11 2010 start 4 A/C (finish aug 3 2010)
aug 17 2010 start weekly herceptine & taxol 12xs (end date of oct 19 2010)
nov-dec 2010 30 radation
(plan permanent implants for feb or mar 2011)
continue on herceptine till aug 2011

Love & prayers to everyone
Joletta
joletta is offline   Reply With Quote