Thread: Spring Gardens
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 05:05 PM   #5
Bill

Smile

Wow, Pinkie, you got me laughing, too. I thought spring was right around the corner, but I guess in Canada maybe it comes in late, like maybe August or something, I don't know that much about Canada. (Do you have June, July, and August up there, or do you just jump straight from May to September?) It looks like you really are an awesome gardener, though, I love your picture of you with your pumpkin. Sheila, you sound like Queen of gardening! That sounds like one awesome carrot! Did you eat it? Just curious. I wasn't trying to imply that nobody knew anything about gardening, I just thought that alot of people think of it as hard back-breaking work, and it doesn't have to be. And, last but not least, Hucklebuck, all you really need to do is get a few 5 gallon buckets or pots, and get some potting soil. They sell composted cow manure at most Home Depots or large hardware stores, if not get some miracle grow. You can't mess anything up, trust me. It's best to just plant 2 or 3 things at first, just to get the hang of it. I see you live in Texas, just make sure if you plant seeds, that they stay moist all the time until they sprout, and maybe keep your pots where they get some shade during the hot afternoons. And, yes put some holes in the bottom of your containers. It's important not to try too much all at once, just a few containers to start off with. You can do it. Take care and good luck, Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote