Thread: Hair loss
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
Westcoastgirl

Re: Hair loss

Hi Barbara, it is my understanding that Herceptin does not cause hair loss. I lost my hair during chemo but it grew back during the period of treatment that involved Herceptin alone. I am noticing a loss of hair almost everywhere with the Aromatase Inhibitor I am on now. I looked up Adrenal Cancer and it said, "Patients with adrenal carcinoma may also have symptoms of excess androgen, including excessive hair in unusual parts of the body (in women), acne, and scalp hair loss." This must be very upsetting for you but perhaps your oncologist can give you better information that will give you hope for the future as your treatments diminish. Hairloss as we all know is not a situation that is easily dealt with. All the best. Carolyn
1/15/09 double mastectomy/skin sparing; no evidence of vascular/lymphatic invasion, 8neg/8 nodes (tumor 8.0mm)
2/16/09 given portacath/removed 4/30/10
2/18/09 "surprise" 2.0mm tumor/positive borders~
completed 28 rads 10/09.
2/23/09 until 4/19/10~treatments every 3wks (4 Cytoxan + Adriamycin, 4 Taxol + Herceptin, 13 Herceptin alone)
8/09 osteoporosis diagnosis/Zometa 3 yrs of 1x/6 months
Chemo side effects; Deafness, kidney function loss
11/09 began Aromatase Inhibitor (Femara)/Feb2014, stopped Femara early/after 3 mos began Tamoxifen for 8 mos to complete 5 years
11/10 Reconstruction, directly to silicone implants
12/11 nipples by skin graft/Right breast size reduced

I have heard th
ere are troubles of more than one kind

Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me!
Dr. Seuss
Westcoastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote