View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #9
webmum

Hello Maureen

it is great to hear about the response you're getting. I think I was in the same trial (only in Italy), but I got both Herceptin and Lapatinib and did Taxol first, and FEC75 after.

I also had to reduce the tykerb dose, from 4 tablets to 3, because of terrible diarrhea.

And I also had fantastic results, in that I achieved a complete pathological response by the time I had surgery. Just one word of caution though, in my case I think it was the chemo more than lapatinib/herceptin to do the trick as my tumour (originally 5cm), had started shrinking on taxol but also started growing again in the 3 week break I had between taxol and FEC, this despite continuing with herceptin and lapatinib. SO, while I'm grateful I've had the chance to have tykerb too, I'm not so sure it was down to it. FEC definitely wiped the rest of the cancer away.

I thought it was brilliant though, because chemo it's so awful, but you see it working before your eyes (my tumour was poking out so I could actually SEE it disappear), and it makes it all worthwhile.

Whatever it is that's killing it though, I wish you the best, and to achieve a great result at the end!

good luck
chiara
webmum is offline   Reply With Quote