View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 02:16 PM   #11
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Thumbs up Addicted To Y'all...

I too am addicted to this site. What remarkable women! The new normal is so as all you describe. Omega 3s good, 6s bad, eat fish not meat, take your supplements (2 doz in AM, after empty stomach 8 + 2 doz PM +++). + Vit H ev 3 wks, which is great since 4 yrs of ev wk was wearing. I made my mammog appt for June '08, counting out ev 3 wks carefully to get it right. Thursdays are good for Paul and he is my companion on all chemos/monoclonal antibody treatments, every test, mammog, scan, sono, etc. Love that man. Makes me feel less "alone" w/the (whispered, horrifying ca...).

When people ask, You're STILL on chemo??! How long do you have to stay on it? I answer, smiling, after a pause to get their full attention and draw them into my serenity -- FOREVER... Still smiling. They respond, For ever... They turn their heads away and stare blankly at nothing, pondering the enormity. Then they look back at me. You're amazing! I laugh (knowing all my weak moments of fear, doubt, uncertainty). No really you are. Look at you. You've always got a smile on your face. And this is true. I monitor my thoughts. I weed out the funky ones, esperience them, vent them, type them out or write them down if need be and then release them. I consciously choose not to allow negativity to rent space in my brain. I choose not to remain a victim. I choose to see myself as a remarkable exclamation point with a smiley face and peace in my heart. I have finally learned to release all my yesterdays, all my anger, blame, fury, resentment, unforgivingness. I have let it all go. It is useless and not productive. I LIVE IN THE NOW, as Eckhardt Tolle so brilliantly suggests in his book The Power of Now. I look tomorrow with belief that it will be good. I take nothing for granted. I am grateful with each day for the gift of the day. I say THANK YOU to the Universe. I have a little pewter figure on bended knee, hands outstretched, palms down, forehead to the floor. That is how appreciative and aware I am of the joy of living. I also have a pewter thumbs up hand beside it, to remind me that I am doing a good job. I AM DOING THE BEST I CAN WITH EACH DAY, AND I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT EACH DAY MY BEST MAY CHANGE. And that's okay.

None of us signed up for this gig. Who wants to get the cancer? Oh me, me... I didn't raise my hand and volunteer. But I can honestly say tht I've gained so much, come to know some truly incredible people, present company included to be sure, grown and evolved to be so much more than I ever was, and that was pretty good. I feel a sense of Self that I never had before. I am a Soul. I have a body and a mind. And I know my mind can direct and guide my body to respond in accordance w/its' wishes. I am aware of all bodily changes and question it all, trying not to be paranoid but vigilant. I regularly meditate, knowing that nourishes my Spirit, which in turn keeps me strong and brave, determined and full of faith. That's faith in my own EMPOWERMENT! We each have been given such powers as our birthright. It is up to humankind to evolve to the point that we become aware of our innate and unused abilities and employ them for our full benefit, as it was always intended for us to do. I rejoice over this Awakening. I share it with every one I meet!

I pogram my thoughts intentionally with pure loving positivity. I use guided imagery to further feed my "being" with emotions that are blissful, harmonious, humbly grateful and full of awe at the beauty that surrounds us.

I pray for this new normal to bless your lives, my sweet Soul Sisters. Cancer has never read a book. It follows no true rules it seems. But we can write our own book on our own cancer and become pleasantly surprising miracles in our own right. I believe that with all my heart. I have a 10 pound rock that has the words BELIEVE etched into it. I used to keep it on my center island in my kitchen (one of the busiest rooms of my house) -- in my face, reminding me to BELIEVE. I now have it by my front door as you enter. I am asking each of you to push your snarly thoughts over a cliff and BELIEVE. Please don't go in to the how many more years do I have left. I had such a moment, making my June '08 mammog appt. How dare I dream? What audacity to plan so far in advance! Then, I said, I'm putting it on my calendar, knowing that if it is on my calendar, I will be there no matter what. Just keep shoving those ugly moments away and savor The Now, which happiness dwells... LOVE Y'ALL always, ANDI
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote