View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 01:30 AM   #10
Margi MacMaster

Hi Catherine- it's good to hear from you....and yes I am still trying to understand how to navigate around this site also...and understand some of the different words used.
Taxol is different to Taxotere...but similar class of drugs...and I am on Taxotere and yes, started it with Herceptin as an infusion two weeks ago.... I finish Taxotere on 16 February and will continue the Herceptin for the twelve months apparently.
I am just hoping I do not have the same side effects for so long next Friday when have second Taxotere.

Did you find it became worse with Taxol each time?- Accumulative fatigue I guess after all this chemo too.
My neutrophils dropped significantly (0.6) after my surgery to remove lymph glands when I started A/C chemo so I now have neutropenia and have injections of Neulastin to boost the white blood cells in bone marrow twenty four hours after each chemo session.
I see the oncologist just before I have chemo- this week two days before so will discuss my side effects in case my dose needs to be adjusted as had aching joints for 5-7 days, flu type symptoms (I know Herceptin can cause this) for which I take an antihistamine and epigastric discomfort for which I take Nexium as well as the awful metallic taste which has dissipated a bit thankfully.

Did you get any similar symptoms on Taxol? and have they dissipated now that you have finished it?

Fatigue is amazing and you just have to rest and sleep as needed don't you? Thankfully it does not usually hit me until late afternoon or early evening but like you sleep/rest is essential and pacing oneself....you cannot do otherwise and you really get to know your body I think...

And I also know that exercise is the key- the oncologist had advised me to walk to eradicate fatigue and I know when I do something such as walking or heavier gardening feel great and need to do it more......I was weeding bent over for ages recently in very hot summer weather and although it worked up a sweat felt so good afterwards...the key to know this and do it more often. Is Herceptin alone causing you ongoing fatigue? Did you find radiotherapy caused fatigue?

All the best Margi