View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #14
phil

Re: TDM1/Kadcyla Experiences

coolbreeze , let us know when u start that t dm-1. u have mostly liver involvement , like Lorraine, ( Lorrraine is not alone at ned,we know several with same result, i yr plus ned, several at at 2 -3 yrs ned , and several more at 4yrs ned and counting ). and many who got a kick from anywhere from 7- 9 months to 2-3 yrs , before re-occurence . like jeanne, assertive cancer pt, whom i have corresponded with . and, yes , there are many who don't respond at all. 40 % ?
the hard no's i have seen are the 38% ' complete , or significant ( 6mo's plus ) " response when the drug was presented for acc. appr. in 2010, then the 65% in EMILIA who had lived at " least 2 yrs " as of last Sept. those are relatively great survival stats for late stageiv, and the no.s will only go up from there . think of the reputation original herceptin has now , t dm-1 is better ! original herc cures 20% by itself, then many more w/ nasty chemos that cover the whole body , not targeted.
My " un-scientiific " educated guess, based on talks with dozens who have tried it, is t dm-1 may be a cure ( I stress MAY be ) for 20-30 % late stage iv right now, and another 20 % or so who can add perjeta, or other drugs , if This FDA and the co. get moving on full appr.
Then , when it can be given at first dx ? even better stats. i think it will supplant taxanes , won't that be glorious ! , no hair loss, mouth sores , etc.
works best w/ straight her2 , ( er +, triple pos. may need other drugs as well as t dm-1, KDR gets perjeta with it ) and when cancer has been contained to liver or one area , rather than lung, bones , mutliple sites. and our personal plan is to keep a strong dose for a long time, until something better comes along, to hopefully prevent re-occ., brain mets. it works really well w/ late stage iv , the researchers who work w/ it, and pts who have tried it are the best sources of info. Praying For Awesome Results For You and Many Others !
phil is offline   Reply With Quote