View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 04:59 AM   #9
Paula O

Re: Fighting Breast Cancer With Healthy Lifestyle Choices

"When I was in high school, I loved playing football. It was, and still is, my favorite sport.But there was one part I hated...those first two weeks of practice in August, when the temperature often hit 100 degrees.Coach Kilzer, however, knew the importance of those two weeks and he "took no prisoners"...the agility drills, the grueling windsprints, and finally the dreaded laps. I still have nightmares about those five laps around the field in full pads following a three-hour workout.My body after those first few days was so sore I could hardly get out of bed each morning. But as each day passed, the pain would lessen, and after three or four weeks, the transformation of being in "football shape" would happen.Breaking bad habits is no different. The physical and mental pain can be grueling, whether you're trying to exercise more, smoke less, drink less, eat healthier, or work less...it's never easy.But the benefits to your health and to your attitude can be priceless. Breaking a habit starts with courage, ends with discipline, and is fueled by desire.

I saw this recently, and would like to share it with you.I am your constant companion.I am your greatest asset or heaviest burden.I will push you up to success or down to disappointment.I am at your command.Half the things you do might just as well be turned over to me,For I can do them quickly, correctly, and profitably.I am easily managed, just be firm with me.Those who are great, I have made great.Those who are failures, I have made failures.I am not a machine, though I work with the precision of amachine and the intelligence of a person.You can run me for profit, or you can run me for ruin.Show me how you want it done. Educate me. Train me.Lead me. Reward me.And I will then...do it automatically.I am your servant.Who am I?I am a habit.

The author of the above is unknown, but the words are right on target. If you make good habits, they in turn will make you. But like the weeds in the garden, bad habits can take over your life. Make a decision today to pull those weeds."
Live with Passion,Mac AndersonFounder, Simple Truths
-------------
Ten days left in 2012, including today. You guys ready to make some brand new healthy habits and boot out the ones for good that do not serve us well?If yes, HOORAY! If not, we can choose to "Just do it anyway" then say "HOORAY"!. The first part of just getting started when it comes to change can be the most challenging then it gets easier. Are you beginning your new healthy habits now or in 2013? You get to choose what works best for you without guilt and not worry about being in any kind of race with anybody else. You can do this in your own time, at your own pace,and make it a great plan, a custom fit that you can REALLY carry through.

If you are comfortable sharing,what are your goals and how are you going to reach them? I love that God gives us fresh starts 24/7/365. Past mess ups can be dealt with and left behind, beit wishing we did't regain weight once lost, being disappointed that we are now out of shape but once were, or had quit junk food or coffee and it's back or lack disipline in getting to bed at a decent time, or whatever you want to work on. Maybe you want to start with one simple positive change and build on that rather than tackle everything all at once. Or perhaps it works best for you to make change on a bunch of fronts at the same time. You pick then go fer it! It feels really,really good to take excellent care of ourselves and fight cancer every way we can. Healthy habits can make a big difference. We have a brand new year ahead with lots of blessings right around the corner.

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote