View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 07:57 PM   #12
Ron

Jenni,

I am husband to a survivor, we have been through some of the challenges that your mom and your family now faces. First the vomiting: There is a form of Zofran, which is an instant dissolve tablet for those suddenly sick times. There is also a Phenegren gel that you rub between your wrists, when taking anything by mouth is out of the question. Many people swear by ginger root tea. I think the best form is to grind the ginger root yourself, brew and serve. The ginger root packaged tea did not seem to help Cyndi much.

I think you will find that breast cancer regardless of the stage will bring as much healing and expressed love as it will bring sickness. When Cyndi was first diagnosed a little over five years ago, a woman came into her room and said, “Cyndi, you will get more out of cancer than cancer will take out of you.” As you can imagine, we thought the woman was nuts. But you know what, she was right! We never take tomorrow for granted and we are a closer family today that we ever imagined. No one is afraid or reluctant to say, “I love you.” Do not be afraid to cry, it really is good for you. Hug often, share feelings, and care deeply.

Cyndi has been stage IV with mets to the lungs for a little over fifteen months now and brain mets since this past June. She is the most positive person one could imagine. She says “If I live, I will stay with my family on earth, If I die, I will go to heaven and be with God, I cannot lose!”

Best wishes and prayers to you, your mother, and your family.

God Bless,
ron