View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #27
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: Christine has passed away

Dearest Danielle and Debra,

First I must thank you for the beautiful and extraordinarily eloquent post to us, even as you are grieving. I suppose we are all the keepers of the flame. Most especially the two of you!

I am deeply saddened that Christine has passed on, but I also know she still is. Death is surely not the end of our story. And that brings me some solace.

What would we all have done without this amazing site that was dreamed of and created with immense love and caring. No easy accomplishment indeed!

I had the good fortune of speaking with Joe at length many times years ago. What a fellow! He oversaw this site as the Webmaster meticulously and daily. Like the captain of a ship, he was all hands on. What a comfort that was to me.

I also spoke with your Mom and enjoyed our conversation all these many years later. We discussed amino acids and supplements and really got into it! Such a remarkable lady, so full of knowledge and wisdom, Christine was clearly in touch with her body, as we talked in depth about her experience and mine. She was a woman of great grace and courage! Proud to have known her!

The special mix of women who have gravitated to this incredible site -- because of Christine and Joe -- offer unique skills, a wealth of information and an uncommonly giving, sharing Spirit. We are Family. Sisters, and Brothers. Your parents have enriched the lives of so many (many more than those who post, many more than you can possibly imagine). They were gifts to us all. They have blessed immeasurable lives!

"NEVER BELIEVE THAT A FEW CARING PEOPLE CAN'T CHANGE THE WORLD. FOR INDEED, IT'S THE ONLY THING THAT EVER HAS." Margaret Mead.

What magnificent Souls your parents are, Dani and Deb! And still are! They are in another Realm, and they will no doubt continue to watch over us. I feel honored to have known them. I'm but one of the many recipients of their good works. Their involvement had no end, from San Antonio to wherever they felt they could contribute across the country...

Please accept my heartfelt condolences at this time. No doubt each of you reflect all they had to offer this world. I know how very much they loved you.

May I add my love at this difficult time, along with heartfelt hugs,

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote