View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:12 AM   #46
Paula O

Re: Fun Free Opportunities/resources for Breast Cancer patients

Julie--sounds like you are making the best of your situation. I normally am not much into makeup or jewelry but wore them a whole lot more when my hair was gone and they gave me a boost. I'm glad your boyfriend is so supportive and wish you the best as you go through treatment, hanging in there a day at a time. I popped a note to the Casting For Recovery folks letting them know about their link glitch for Southern California. Maybe you want to send them an email too. Some states who don't have CFR are invited to retreats in states that do, but there are retreats in central and northern Cal so looks like a mistake.
------------------

For survivors in the greater seacoast NH/ME area: http://mybreastcancersupport.org/whowehelp.htm
(Copied and pasted from the website)

How We Help: "Working with the hospitals in Portsmouth, Exeter, Dover, York and the Cancer Care Center of York County, we provide the following to patients right here in the Greater Seacoast area:
  • Gas cards, dinner gift certificates and movie passes through our Hope Chest program
  • Assistance with household needs (cleaning, groceries, repairs)
  • New Patient Gift Bags that include Breast Cancer Journey Planners, scarves, relaxation CDs and other comforting gifts
  • Children's books that help them to better cope as their parent goes through breast cancer
  • Travel scholarships to breast cancer conferences and retreats
  • Outings that bring local patients together
  • A social networking website called Seacoast Breast Cancer Connection where seacoast area patients can connect with other local patients outside of their own treating hospital
  • A database of Support Pals willing to talk with a patient or even sit with them during a treatment
We will even fulfill a last wish ...
And the BreastCancerStories.org website continues to be a comforting way for a patient to read, write and share their story with loved ones and with one another.
We also remain so very thankful to the individuals and organizations who donated gifts and services to the patients as well! See a list of those who have helped!"
©2013 BreastCancerStories.org * info@mybreastcancersupport.org * 603.759.5640
PO Box 1576 * Portsmouth, NH 03802-1576
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote