View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 04:19 AM   #4
thickdescription

Re: Fasting pre, during, post chemo

Hi Folks:

This is my first day of non-fasting... haven't eaten anything solid yet, but will.

Here is a log of my fast and I'm going to keep track over the next few days. Please bear in mind that other than a little cancer I'm in excellent physical shape, work out an hour every morning, walk two miles to work daily. No diabetes, high blood pressure, low white blood cell count or anything else. I also have no point of comparison - this is my first fast.

Fasted for three days prior to chemo.
Day 1, water with lemon only. Worked out in am. Black coffee and green tea in am. Hungry but fine.
Day 2, Worked out in am water with lemon only, but very hungry. Evening broke down and had vegetable broth with a bouillon cube. Went straight through me.
Day 3: Continued water fast, but had to have food with meds twice a day – a cup of milk and a cup of yogurt – about 270 calories, no fat. Continued water fast. Worked out in am, but had to stop – felt weak and weird. Went to acupuncturist.
5/10/13
Day 4: First Chemo day: Worked out in am. Felt great. Coffee and yogurt with meds in am. Showed up to chemo. Pumped full of Benadryl, very drowsy. Was given Zofran against nausea. Chemo was fine. Felt a little strange afterwards, but hard to tell if it’s the effects of fasting, the Benadryl, or the chemo. Went home and was very drowsy. Had a little yogurt with the meds. No nausea, diarrhea or vomiting. Nothing in my stomach anyway J. Took Zofran at night against nausea.
5/11/13
Day 5: Day after chemo. A little weak – no way to know if it’s the fasting or the chemo. Worked out at gym – a little gently. Milky coffee with the meds. Took Zofran against nausea. Feeling a little foggy and off-color but this got better throughout the day. No sense of nausea or diarrhea.
Yogurt with meds in the evening.
Re-excision Apr 5: no malignancy.
6 3-wkly cycles of Carboplatin/Taxotere from 5/10/13
Herceptin for one year from 3/28/13
Radiation X 37
Herceptin related cardiotoxicity: ACE inhibitors and Beta blockers prescribed
thickdescription is offline   Reply With Quote