View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #10
Mary Jo

2 stories to share

...although this story isn't about me, it is about a friend of mine diagnosed with ovarian cancer........ She was diagnosed about 1 year ago. Naturally she was very frightened and told me later that she would often pray to God for a sign that He was with her.........One night her twin sister came over for (as she calls it) sister time and they were in her bedroom, sitting on the bed watching TV. She said all of a sudden she felt this breeze and the "breeze" smelled very beautiful.....like the most beautiful perfume she had ever smelled. She said immediately both sisters looked at each other and asked "do you have perfume on?" To which they both said they didn't. My friend Ruth said she even went as far as to smell her twin's armpits to see if it was her deoderant. Nope. Anyway, they believe, as do I, that this was her guardian angel - letting them know she was with them.

Now the next story from her...................one day Ruth was at their Thrift store working (her and her twin own a thrift store and all monies go to "Second Paws" (an animal rescue) and our local Humane Society. Anyway, Ruth, was in the back room going through "stuff" and her neice came in. Her neice was trying to talk to her but Ruth said she was in one of her "chemo brain farts" and really wasn't paying attention to her or understanding what her neice was saying to her. Her neice went out of the back room to wait on a customer and came back later to the back room. She looked at her aunt Ruth and said "Ruth I saw your guardian angel!" Ruth was shocked......and Ruth said ..... tell me what she looked like..................!! Now mind you......Ruth told me she had NEVER told anyone how she pictured her "angel" only that she had named her Clair and that she had shared that name with her family. Ruth told me that she always pictured Clair as a pretty girl with dark curly hair. So again, Ruth asked her neice, "what did she look like and where was she?" Her neice told her that she was over in that corner and she had pretty dark, curly hair...........................

Very cool and heart warming. Wouldn't you say????? I love these kind of stories. It only confers what I already know - God and His angels are all around us - protecting and loving us - helping us in essence - as we walk through this life.

Ok, now I feel all warm and fuzzy..

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06