View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 02:09 PM   #7
triciak

Congratulations, Linda! And, Bently, you aren't really starting over but adding some more arrows to your quiver! Herceptin is not a chemo, as you know, but a monoclonal antibody which specifically fights the overexpression that causes our kind of cancer. Before herceptin people didn't live very long with this kind of cancer. It was the most serious kind of BC they had no treatment for back then. Now they do! My oncologist said if they hadn't caught my third BC a year and a half ago I wouldn't have lived 3 months, because it was the first one in my 20-year battle that was her2. I am now cancer-free after a year on herceptin and femara (and 6 months at first on navelbine, too). I feel we are so very blessed to have herceptin available to us now. I hope this website will bring you as much encouragement as it has me. I pray you will have many years to continue fighting. There are so many new things on the horizon to fight BC, and yes cure and even prevent it from ever happening. You will find not only encouragement but love and understanding on this website. My Swedish proverb is: "Yoost kip a'kippin' on!!" Hugs, Tricia