View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #4
Janelle

Yes, I was wondering about that 60-70% stat too. I figured it must include those who overexpress HER2 to a slight degree. There is a subset of Her2 positve population that overexpresses HER2 but are not candidates for Herceptin because they don't overexpress it "enough". From what I understand the "low" HER2 overexpressers is the population that benefitted the most from this vaccine in the phase I trial. But it is possible that the high overexpressers don't see as great a benefit because they were previously pre-treated with Herceptin.

I am a high over expresser of Her2. I'm starting this trial on Monday. It probably won't do me any good....and I have a 50% chance of getting randomized into the placebo arm. I'll let you know if I learn anything new. I'm enrolling at MD Anderson.
vascular invasion
multifocal disease
Lumpectomy November, 2006
A/C every 3 weeks (started Jan., 2007 and finished March 2007); followed weekly Taxol (finished June 2007) concurrent with Herceptin (finished March 2008);
Bilateral Mast with immediate recon in Sept 2007; finished recon Dec. 2007
Started 5 years of tamoxifen Nov. 2007; started peptide vaccine clinical trial at MD Anderson October 2008 and finished active part of trial in April 2009 (monthly injections of AE37 peptitde (HLA type specific) with GM-CSF or GM-CSF alone depending on if I was in experimental or control group); started Zometa infusions June 25, 2009- 4mg every 6 months for 3 years (taking it "off-label" to try to prevent mets)
Janelle is offline   Reply With Quote