View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:53 AM   #3
Razzleberry

Re: Has anyone tried acupuncture for pain, nausea or hot flashes associated with chem

I went to acupuncture throughout chemo (4 cycles Taxotere and Cytoxin). Acupuncture is GREAT. I had minimal side effects - almost none, I did lose my hair. Highly recommend the acupuncture. At the "better" cancer centers (like the one in SLC) they offer acupuncture as part of the wellness center. Unfortunately the cancer center near me did not offer it but I found a good acupuncturist through a personal reference. He wanted me to come one week before each infusion. So, you might want to find your acupuncturist and visit him before you start to see what plan would work for you.

He would listen to my pulse and somehow understand the state of my internal organs. I did also get approval for some herbs to take with my chemo - he went through my doctor for approval. In my case, I went once every three weeks and that was sufficient however before we started he said that sometimes he does see patients as often as once a week.

If you are near SF, you might want to check into my acupuncturist: Robert Levine in Berkeley.
Razzleberry is offline   Reply With Quote