View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #16
pattyz

Marie... can I say more than just 'hell' here??? Pretend I did, ok.

I can't think of what I sent that must be written off if it was not tried?

My onc wants to go right to Irinotecan w/my Temodar. There is an oral Irinotecan, which I like, at a dose of about 50/60mg/m2 Dx5. It is also in trial now for 'us' this way.

Besides w/Temodar, it is also used or in trial with:
*Oral etoposide aka: VePesidR
*Avastin - yes, honest for brain mets.

There is an older chemo 'Lomustine':
Lomustine Offers Effective Low Cost Treatment for Lung and Breast Cancer Brain Metastases (Doctor's Guide)
Reports results from a small study presented at the 14th International Congress on Anti-Cancer Treatment (ICACT) of the efficacy and toxicity of lomustine in patients with lung or breast cancer brain metastases. [2/03]
What this drug is used for:Treatment of brain tumors, both primary (developed in the brain) and metastatic

*And: Temodar w/Doxil -
2004 ASCO Annual Meeting
Category: Central Nervous System Tumors
Abstract No: 1576 Two CR and two PRs was recorded in the four patients with breast tumours,
Conclusions: the schedule was a well tolerated treatment (also in elder pts.) and has suggested an encouraging activity in brain metastases from breast.

*Topotecan:
Single-agent topotecan, especially in patients with SCLC or breast cancer, has demonstrated excellent response rates against brain metastases and may be safely and effectively combined with other chemotherapeutic drugs that have the ability to pass the intact blood-brain barrier....

*And these trials:
* ZK219477 in Patients With Breast Cancer and Brain Metastases
The purpose of this Phase II clinical trial is to determine the effects, both good and bad, of a new chemotherapeutic drug called ZK219477 that appears to cross the blood-brain barrier and penetrate into the brain.
* Epothilone B in Treating Patients With CNS Metastases From Breast Cancer
This phase II trial is studying how well a new experimental treatment known as epothilone B (patupilone) works in treating patients with CNS metastases from breast cancer that have recurred after whole brain radiation. Patupilone does cross the blood-brain barrier.

However, the trial Lani posted was terminated = Business decision. ?? the RTA 744

Gd, I pray you can find something for Ed to try. I'm focused on oral at the moment. IV's next... or whatever happens.

xoxopatty
pattyz is offline   Reply With Quote