Thread: Tamoxifen help!
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 11:40 AM   #10
TriciaV

Re: Tamoxifen help!

I have also been taking good ole Tamoxifen and have been for over 4 years now. I have hated it from the start and complained to my Onc. about it. The idea was for me being only 31 that it would put me in menopause but I am no where near even now after taking it so long I have very regular periods, but all during the month I have the the moodiness, the hotflashes, I am having the bone loss all the Menopause stuff but STILL having the period.....grrrr and then there is the aching with pain all over factor that hit me about 5-6 months into taking it...I told my onc I felt like an 80 year old woman. I was intially given vicodin but I also have a very seriously enlarged liver also from the tamoxifen (dr. said it will return to normal size once Im off the the tamoxifen) so anyway they didn't want me having more acetomenophen so they put me on Norco it is stronger than vicodin but with less of the (tylenol so not to mess with my already challenged liver) We had already tried Nsaids and in this post is the first ive heard of using a water pill but I would try it.....Ive learned to deal with a lot of pain and I have the most wonderful husband in the world who really helps so much with our home and three kids. I am blessed
Mammo and Ultrasound found 3 seperate masses largest being 7cm. Dr was sure they were an old breast infection, gave me antibiotics and sent me on my way. after three months of 4 rounds of antibiotics and fighting with the Dr. Finally had a 2nd Dr listen to me and had surgery
1/4/07 Surgical biopsy done :-(
DX stage 3c IDC er+ pr+ Her2+++ 31 years old
2 rounds ACH 6 rounds CTH ,a little healing time and then Mastectomy w/lymph node dissection, 9/27 positive nodes, a little more healing time
5/07 started another 6 rounds of cleanup chemo of CTH- Carboplatin, Taxotere and Herceptin
started Tomoxafin 9/07, Also declared NED 9/07
2009-Lymphedema- sleeve and glove
6-26-11 X-rays show suspicious spot on right 6th rib
8-25-11 another round of X-rays ordered, which also showed same spot on right 6th rib
9-1-11 Onc had bone scan done
TriciaV is offline   Reply With Quote